Friday, February 12, 2010

The Suck, The Blow, and The Snow

The Suck was very interesting today. You never really know how much you depend on computers for your work until you cannot use them. I was able to complete my 3 supervision sessions with my case workers but after that, I could do little more than proof read treatment plans and quarterly reviews. That took all of about half an hour. After that I could do nothing. I could not check e-mail, update my travel log, review assessments, update the productivity tracker for each of my workers, nothing. This situation led me to take an early lunch to come back to work to straiten out my desk, deliver mail, plan Monday's team meeting, and go home early as I do every Friday. Luckily, I started the clock out process about 10 minutes before I was actually scheduled to leave because it took me that long to just clock out. Sometimes I really hate technology. Of course, I understand the irony that I am typing this blog from my laptop which connects to my wireless router and internet. Life is funny sometimes.

Tomorrow Sweetie and Buddy will be in the Quad Cities and I will be here in Springfield. Although I will miss them, I will certainly be looking forward to my sleep. I predict a week of good sleep, unhealthy meals, and a lot of quiet time that I will try to fill with a conversation with the pooch. Tomorrow also marks 11 days until I hope to hear from Oklahoma about an offer to their doctoral program in Counseling Psychology. Did I mention that I do not enjoy waiting?

To top it all off, it is supposed to get cold and snowy this weekend. It is during these times that I really miss Southern California. It is so much easier throwing on a t-shirt, shorts, and sandles, than to layer up. I really pray that Sweetie will push to move to a warm climate location if and when we decide to leave Springfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment